Sunday, January 24, 2010

Serendipity

Serendipity: /ser-uh n-dip-i-tee/
noun

1. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.
2. good fortune; luck.
(dictionary.com)

I have been debating for some time now about whether to create a blog. I suppose I've put it off because in some ways, I was a little intimidated by the idea. I suppose I was unsure of how I felt about broadcasting my thoughts and opinions on the internet. I'm not really sure why. I like that I have independent thought...and I very much believe that the gospel promotes individualism, contrary to what a lot of people seem to think. And I've kind of always been one of those people who, for good or for bad, feels validated in her opinions and rarely apologizes for them. I eventually came to the conclusion that if my blog is for the sake of self-discovery and enjoyment, I don't have anything to worry about.

I have found that when I write, I tend to find things out about myself. It gives me a chance to organize my messy thoughts, and makes me consider my motivations. It also gives my roommates a break from what must at times seem like endless verbal thought. I hope that by blogging about my constant curiosities, I will "make desirable discoveries by accident" a bit more often.

2 comments:

  1. Christa Girl!! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging : ] I hope you enjoy it here : ] haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christa, I definately will be a follower of your blog. You have such profound thoughts. I know I will enjoy it! Sis. Rash

    ReplyDelete